Dealing with a Clogged Drain in Roseville
A backed up, clogged drain is a nuisance to deal with and often, an early warning that larger plumbing repairs are looming in your future. Those larger plumbing issues can mean a serious hit to your budget, which makes for even more stress. However, there are steps you can take to see that significant plumbing problems are kept at bay. If you have a clogged drain near Roseville, give us a call.
At All Ways Drains, we understand how to solve a clogged drain and help you prevent them in the future. We have been helping the families and businesses of Roseville resolve all things drain related for over a decade and will work hard to help you save money now, as well as teach you how to minimize problems in the future.
How to Minimize Risk of a Clogged Drain
There are many things you can do to reduce the risk of backed up or clogged drains. While this may seem like a lot to remember when first starting, it will soon become standard procedure. Once you realize that clogs and backups rarely – if ever – occur, you will be glad you began.
- Every couple of weeks, take a moment to lift up the pop-up stoppers in the bathroom showers, tubs and sinks and remove any debris. Then rinse off the drain and put it back in place.
- At least once a month, clean your garbage disposal by grinding up a few cups of ice and some table salt. This will help cut the grease and slime from the sides of the disposal. Flush it out with cold water followed by half a lemon or lime to deodorize.
- Never dump things such as grease, oils, coffee grounds or produce peels down the drain as this will result in a clogged drain.
- Use a drain grate to cover the drain’s opening and minimize the risk of problems caused by hair and soap scum build up.
- Run hot water down the drain after each use as this helps move any residual oils down the drain.
- About once a month, pour ½ cup of baking soda, ¼ cup of salt and a cup of vinegar down your drains. Once this has gone down, pour a ½ gallon of boiling water down the drain. This will remove any build up, and can be done in both kitchen and bathroom drains.
- Don’t use chemical based drain cleaners unless absolutely necessary. Quite often, the harsh chemicals will actually cause your home’s pipes to weaken and even corrode. If a chemical is to be used, consider using a natural cleaner that is an enzyme/bacteria based cleaner.
- At least once a year, have a plumbing system specialist inspect your home’s plumbing system and identify any concerns you need to address.
These steps are well worth the time invested in implementing them. After all, dealing with clogged drains, plumbing line repairs, and related issues is never fun. Start making changes today.
Getting Help for a Clogged Drain
When you have a clogged drain at your home, industrial or commercial location, it can create many problems. However, the team from All Ways Drains is ready to help you 24/7/365 with all things drains, sewers and plumbing. Our friendly, experienced team will respond quickly and give you a fair price and quality service. Don’t wait around hoping the problem will go away, if you have a clogged drain in Roseville, give us a call at 612-922-9422 or you can Contact Us.