Drain Cleaning Roseville
Dealing with a blocked drain at your Roseville home or business can be aggravating. It is even more of an issue when it happens as you are preparing a large meal, or need the sink or perhaps the tub, for a specific project. It is then that you find yourself waiting – most likely impatiently – for the water to slowly seep down the drain, or perhaps reaching for a plunger to help speed things along.
It is at those moments, that you have probably wondered what on earth it is that is causing the blockage! And, the answer can be any number of things, and not necessarily the result of faulty pipes. In order to prevent the need for drain cleaning in Roseville, there are a variety of preventative actions you can take. Here are just a few:
- Think about what gets put down the drain. Items such as hair, grease, soap scum and coffee grounds are some of the biggest causes of drain blockages, yet are the easiest to keep from entering the pipes.
- Once a day, flush the sink with hot water – this will help minimize the build-up of grease.
- Buy a plug cover or mesh drain cover that will prevent particles from going down the drain. They are a small investment and will make a huge difference.
- Even if you have a garbage disposal, you need to be careful about putting items down the drain. Fibrous produce such as celery, rhubarb, potato skins, egg shells, banana peels and others can cause drain blockage. Also, to help flush the lines, always run cold water when using the disposal.
- Don’t immediately reach for the harsh chemical drain cleaners! While they might look to be a good solution, they can cause your pipes to erode over time.
Drain Cleaning Tips for Your Roseville Residence
While taking precaution in what goes down your drain is a big part of minimizing problems, there are also a variety of things you can do clean the drains.
- At least once a week, remove the drain cover of your shower or tub and use a bent wire to clear out any accumulated debris.
- Clean your garbage disposal by grinding up a few cups of ice and some table salt. This will help to cut the grease and slime off the sides of the disposal.
- Pour a ¼ cup of baking soda down the drain followed by a cup of vinegar. Let set 10 minutes, then flush with hot water. Not only will this remove build-up but it also leaves the sink smelling good.
- Pour a Coke or Pepsi down the drain. Like the acids in vinegar, the phosphoric acid in soda will remove build up.
Contact All Ways Drains for Drain Cleaning
If you have tried these assorted techniques and your drains are still not functioning as you would like, then don’t hesitate to contact the plumbing professionals at All Ways Drains. We will be there to determine the problem and make the repairs. Give us a call today at 612-922-9422 or Contact Us.