The clogged drain is a nuisance no one in the home should have to put up with. Whether you are enjoying a nice, hot morning shower that is ruined daily by having to stand in two inches of water or your kitchen sink gurgles and hangs on to your dirty dishwater long after the plates and bowls have all been put away, your Roseville area clogged drain may need the help of a professional.
There are most certainly some things you can try yourself to alleviate a clogged drain in your home. Check out these symptoms and cures:
Symptom: Powerful odor near clogged sink, shower, toilet, tub
• Look at venting for blocks.
• Sinks not in use could be allowing water in trap to evaporate, add more water.
• Clear the clog harboring likely bacteria, kill bacteria by adding bleach to the drain.
• Your toilet may be gapped between it and its wax ring, replace wax ring.
• Vent line deterioration or separation ‘piping’ sewer gas into house.
Symptom: One toilet, sink or shower/ tub is clogged
• Likely a clog near that item. Use basic drain cleaning techniques to clear it.
Symptom: More than one toilet, sink or shower/tub is clogged, same area of house, remaining drains fully functional
• Possibly a branch drain or vent line is clogged, needs clearing. Try a drain snake or pressure device as chemicals typically are not effective in these cases.
Symptom: More than one toilet, sink or shower/tub is clogged, different areas of the house
• Presuming two different clogs are not mere coincidence, the main sewer drain running from house may have a blockage. Try a drain snake or pressure device.
• Tree roots or a damaged sewer pipe are a distinct possibility, a plumbing professional may need to be called upon.
• Should you possess a septic system, it may need to be pumped out.
Symptom: Sewage is backing up into your home, way beyond just an overflowing toilet
• The city sewer probably has a major blockage and you are downhill from other people’s homes. Their sewage is backing up through your main sewer drain. Contact the city.